Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Montana

Day 1 - arrived in Polson, went boating and swimming in Flathead Lake. The Burningham's taught me that if you put your life jacket on like a diaper, you'll have a nice floatation device to relax in so you won't be exhausted from swimming. So fun! Then we enjoyed a delcious dinner of grilled chicken and potato salad, had bonding time around the fire pit making smores.

Day 2 - Crystal, Jeremy and there families left for Canada. I stayed in Montana because I didn't have a passport, but enjoyed quiet time to myself, studying for my CPN, walking to Walmart and Safeway, snacking on Mint Tuxedo cookies.

Day 3 - Finished studying for my CPN just before the families came back from Canada, including the newly married Crystal and Jeremy Page. Cooked up some bacon burgers and enjoyed bbq, playing croquet and badmitton, then in the evening enjoyed sitting around the fire pit and making smores.

Day 4 - Relaxed in the morning, made Ziploc Omelets, played more badmitton, got ready for the day and for the reception, played more croquet until Robin, Dwight, Angie, Nick, and Ryan arrived! and to our surprise Amy Bean Harrison! We then sat and talked and helped/watched Crystal get ready for the reception. Later in the evening we arrived and this gorgeous house for the ring ceremony. At the ring ceremony we listened to talks, heard Celeste and Tyson sing a song, and then watched a video of Crystal and Jeremy talking about each other, their dating life, why they looked forward to being married, the engagement story. After the ring ceremony they cut the cake and we enjoyed cake and an ice cream bar, and plenty of picture taking.
I got to spend more time with Angie and Amy which was so nice.
After the reception, we had pizza back at the Burningham's house and then I went to bed and crashed.

Day 5 - packed my bags for the flight home, went out to breakfast with Angie and her family, said my goodbyes to everyone including Crystal and Jeremy as I headed to Missoula with Brian and Mary (Crystal lived with them in Meridian, ID), while Angie and her family headed back to Idaho, and Crystal and Jeremy and their families left for Great Falls, Montana for their second reception. The flight home was really nice and I was met at the airport by Phill, Avery, and Phillip.

I had so a wonderful vacation and am so grateful that I was able to spend time with Crystal, Angie, and see Amy. I love that we were all room mates my freshman year and have continued to be best friends with Crystal and Angie and that we are able to come together each year.
I missed my family too and was happy to come home and be with them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment