Thursday, August 30, 2012

18 months

Phillip is 18 months!
He is officially in Nursery! So far he likes it and I think it is so helpful that Avery is in there with him. The is also a male nursery leader that Phillip really likes to play with so we are grateful for that as well.
Phillip is still our sweet little boy and gives the best hugs. He is still learning words and so far he can say: Thank you, Uh oh, Daddy, Mum. I've heard him say: Lightening for Lightening McQueen, Get down, Nakey! for naked, Agy is Avery, Granny/Grammy for Grandma, Gan-pa for Grandpa, Shoe, Temple. For the most part he still makes his baby noises which sometimes sounds like the Swedish Chef from Muppets, but I think it's cute.
 He is now feeding himself using silverware which we are so proud of him. He eats his cereal from a straw-bowl with a spoon and milk and drinks the milk using the straw, he can also drink from a cup with no lid, and drink from water bottles.


 He is also our little mischief man and likes to climb on everything and get into things that he's not suppose to - like the fireplace and the toilet, Yuck! So we keep a close eye on him.
He likes to play with trucks and still loves push toys. We got him a black truck that he loves to put things in and push around the house.

 Phillip also likes to help, he really likes sweeping the floor, he'll help put the dishes away and help clean up toys. He's learning to clean up his messes.
Phillip is a little bit picky when it comes to food. He loves bread and cheese and chicken but any new flavor or texture takes a little while for him to try or like. I've found I have to offer food to him at least 5 times before he'll take it and if I try to force it he'll spit it right back out. But every now and then he'll surprise me and eat everything. He likes bread, cheese, chicken, oatmeal, waffles, cereal, sandwiches, he still loves water. Lately he has tried cucumbers, and watermelon and seems to like them.
He loves to crawl up on everything and is very smart about finding his resources to get what he wants. He'll crawl up on our desk chair to get to the computer so I'll take it away and move it out of the room, then he'll grab his Lightning McQueen chair and move it to the computer and I'll take the Lightning chair out of the room, then he'll pull the Lightning McQueen table and start trying to pull that to the computer. He keeps us on our toes, and of course gives us his adorable smile.
At 18 months he weighs 22.2 lbs (7% ) and is 32 inches tall / 2ft 8 inches (just below 50%).

We love our Phillip Jamekins!

No comments:

Post a Comment