
I am now 38 weeks along and the baby is still kicking strong. On an exciting note at my 36 week appointment I was 2cm dilated, 50% effaced, and the head is down at -2. At my 38 week check I am 3cm dilated, still 50% effaced and the head is still at -2. I am so happy and grateful that the baby is head down and not breech. Also, at our 36 week appointment we finally found out what the baby is. It's a ..... BOY! We are so excited. We thought about just waiting until the baby was born, but Phill really wanted to know and this time the doctor could actually see so we took advantage of it. To be honest I was so nervous before if the baby was a boy and not being prepared. But now that we know I am so excited to have a little boy. Plus, we've been so blessed with friends and family offering to give us boy clothes. I guess we really lucked out that two of our family members are done having kids and they both have all boys so plenty of clothes for us. What a blessing!! Phill and I waited until Superbowl Sunday to tell our families. The Wakens had a Superbowl Party and invited my family too. For fun I bought a baby boy outfit and had it in a bag. During the half-time show we had Avery open the bag and pull out the outfit. Everyone was so excited. 2 more weeks left, maybe even less!






He'll be here before you know it! Boys are so much fun, especially for dads! Our little girl came last week...we are still trying to adjust to our new life but we love her to bits!
ReplyDelete