Sunday, March 14, 2010

When You Wish Upon A Star...

Your dreams come true!
I have been anxiously waiting and dreaming of the day when Phill and I can go on a vacation. I really want to go to Disney World but with Avery being so young, plus the lack of money, my dream has been and will be on hold for quite sometime...or so I thought.
On Saturday Phill decided to take Avery and I to Estes Park and at least be on vacation from the Denver area, and then later that evening we had plans to see Disney On Ice: 100 years celebration - If you can't go to Disney, wait for Disney to come to you! :)


We arrived in Estes Park around 11:00 am and ate lunch at a place called Locals Grill. On the menu was a shredded steak sandwich with cheese and fried shrimp on garlic bread. Where else would I ever find a sandwich like this? So I had to take the opportunity and try it and it actually wasn't too bad! Phill kept to his classic order of burger and fries, and Avery enjoyed sharing our plates. We walked around Estes Park to the various shops, let Avery run around and play at a park, then stopped at Laura's for a cookie for Phill and Avery, and a chocolate caramel apple for me. Yum!



Later that night we went to Disney On Ice! For those who know me well know that Disney is my mothership, so I was sooo excited!! We went with Phill's family and they spoiled us with all sorts of goodies and my favorite - a Finding Nemo hat that came with cotton candy.


The performances were amazing with the stories of Aladdin, Finding Nemo, Beauty and the Beast, Disney Prince and Princesses, It's a Small World, Toy Story, Mickey Mouse Club, Pinocchio, The Incredibles, Mulan, Lion King, Stitch, and of course Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Chip & Dale.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny + Disney = Perfection!! So glad you guys could get some quality family time, it was probably much over-do! Can't wait to see you in the summer!!! Much love! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is totally awesome! I'm completely jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a perfect combination!!! I love Estes Park.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Colorado!!! I miss colorado soo much!!! I get to come home April 9th but it will only be for a night. I told my parents that I want to come home for christmas though.

    ReplyDelete