This year for the 4th we were excited to go see the fireworks because Avery was finally old enough to enjoy them and not be afraid of them. In the morning I was so excited and told Avery we were going to go see fireworks and her response: "No thank you, I'll stay home. Fireworks are too noisy."
"WHAT?" was my response. I'll be excited for her ;)
In the morning we went to a Woodglen Ward activity with relays and pulled pork sandwiches. Avery and I did the 3-legged race. Avery wasn't too keen on it, but we finished without falling so I consider that a success! Phill played football, and Phillip ran around the field. After eating the kids were ready for their naps which we really wanted to make sure they both took good naps to be able to stay up a little for the firework show. For dinner we went to my parents house for a BBQ, the kids played in a little kiddy pool my Mom bought, and Phill, Jesse, Amber, and I went and played tennis for a little while, my parents were nice to watch the kids for us so we could go. Around 7:30 we left and headed back home. Megan, Brandon, and Bragen met us at our house and we walked to the City of Thornton fields to watch the fireworks. Its nice living so close that we could just walk there. The fireworks were suppose to start at 9:30 pm and we arrived around 9:00, found a spot of grass that was open and parked the strollers there. Megan, Brandon, and Bragen sat on a blanket the brought and Phill, the kids, and I walked around the grounds looking at all the food stations.
At 9:30pm a plane flew over head and 5 skydivers jumped from the plane. We didn't know if we would be able to see them but they had rockets attached to them so we could see them come down from the sky which was really neat. Their parachutes were American Flag designs and the last diver to land was carrying an American Flag with him. After the last one ended the fireworks started. Avery was still a little scared and sat in my lap the whole time but she liked it, and after a few minutes she fell asleep during them. My silly girl. Phillip would put his hands to the sky and try to grab the different firework colors. He did very well for his first firework show.
Happy Independence Day!
Bahama Mamas (and Papas)
6 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment