Sunday, August 1, 2010

Road Trip!

The third week of July, Phill, Avery, and I took our first road trip. We drove to Boise, Idaho to spend time with my best friends, and old room-mates, Angie Fugal and Crystal Burningham. We stayed at Angie's parents house and had so much fun visiting. It is so hard when your best friends live in different states. Angie lives in Idaho, and Crystal lives in Montana but she will be going to school in Idaho. I'm so grateful for the time that we were able to spend together and I miss them so much. Later in the week we drove to Yellowstone, Wyoming for Phill's family reunion. We drove through the Tetons and camped at Bridge Bay, Yellowstone. Yellowstone is beautiful and we visited the hot mud pits, and Old Faithful. I'd never been to Yellowstone so it was fun to see everything. On our road trip we also visited Rexburg, Idaho for Phill's sister's graduation from BYUI. I love BYU-Idaho. I miss the campus and it was so fun to take Phillip and Avery and show them the campus, and my old dorm, Chapman Hall. The campus is expanding and growing, the Manwaring Center has changed drastically but is very nice. We also walked around the Rexburg Temple, and also had the opportunity to stop at the Idaho Falls Temple and the Visiting Center. In the Visiting Center they have a Christus statue that you can actually touch and Avery liked sitting at Jesus' feet. We enjoyed our vacation and wish we could have stayed longer. The drive was long and a bit hard on both Avery and I but we survived and had a great time overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment