Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Prego

A few months before our 1 year anniversary Phillip and I were blessed with wonderful news. We were pregnant! The first trimester was very difficult for me and I vomited numerous times a day, every day, until I was 22 weeks. The only thing I could keep down was french fries, popsicles, and Wendy's chicken nuggets with honey -it had to be honey. The popsicles kept me somewhat hydrated. I couldn't drink fluids or they'd come right back up. Water was the worst because I blow blood vessels in my eyes every time. But it did become better.
I first felt the baby move at 20 weeks and it felt like a "rumbly in my tumbly" as best described by Winnie the Pooh, or that my belly was like an aquarium with bubbles.
Phill and I had been looking at names and couldn't agree let alone find a name we both liked. At work I met a nurse named Avrey and really liked her name. I thought about it for a while and thought about middle names that might go with it and decided I really liked the name Avery Anne - Anne after my Grandma T. who passed away a few years ago. I thought of the name and it stuck with me. The next day we went to the doctor to find out the sex of the baby, but I felt like I already knew what the baby was - a GIRL! I told Phill about the name Avery Anne and he felt the same way that the name fit perfectly. Avery was definately very fiesty. She's put her hands on top of her head when the doctor would try to look at her and she'd move all around. From then on at all of our doctor's visits as soon as the doctor would place the doppler on my belly Avery would kick or punch it off.

24 weeks - At doctors awaiting to find out the sex of the baby

32 weeks

38 weeks

On February 19, 2009 Avery was moving all over from side to side. She would take her foot and run it all across my belly and I thought there was no way she'd be born soon because she was way too active. But my checks had said that I was 3cm and 75% effaced. I went to bed at 11 pm that night and after midnight on the morning of February 20th, I woke up to an unpleasant feeling of trickling...

No comments:

Post a Comment